Star Lounger
    Thanks

PPView32-Mistake! (PowerPoint Viewer)

I hope someone here can help me out with this Powerpoint viewer I downloaded from Microsoft. A friend of mine sent me a PP file and wanted me to look at it to help him out. I don't have PowerPoint on my machine and I just needed to view his document so I could advise him on what to do. So I remembered seeing this PPview32 available from MS, so I downloaded it.......BIG MISTAKE!! There is NO uninstall and if you attempt to delete it you get a warning message telling you that you will compromise other applications if you delete this program and it's files. Apparently it file shares and if you delete it you will also delete the shared files as well.

If anybody has experience with this PPviewer32 or can give me any ideas how to get rid of it without wrecking my other applications I'd really appreciate it very much.

Thanks for any help............

JeffT

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PPView32-Mistake! (PowerPoint Viewer)

Jeff, assuming you not only downloaded the viewer, but also installed it, then the viewer should show up under Start > Settings > Control Panel, when you run Add/Remove Programs. Select the viewer and press remove. Hope this helps! --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sam,
    Unfortunately this viewer doesn't have an un-install as you are talking about in Control panel add/remove. So when you go to delete it in Windows Explorer it warns you that it may impact other registered programs which indicates that it file shares. It would have been too nice to simply have an un-install for this viewer!

Thank you for the reply Sam,
    Jeff

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

What OS do you have and what was the URL you used to download the viewer?
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>