New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Is Trend Micro Titanium Max Security 2011 a Good Program?

The above program is on sale for $19.99 (3 users) today. Currently, I have McAfee Security Center and I don't like it for various reasons, the worst being that it suddenly turns off. (It came with my Dell computer).

Anyway, is the Trend Micro Titanium Max Security better than McAfee?

Thanks,
    dee

p.s. I have a Dell XPS 420 with Vista Serv. Pack 2. I also have Malwarebytes, Advanced System Care and Webroot Spy Sweeper, if it matters. (I'm not exactly a computer newbie - I have just enough info to be dangerous).

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Hi ohdee,

Welcome to the Lounge.

Ed Bott thinks it is good.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi ruirib, thank you for the welcome and the link.

Administrator
    Thanks
    You're welcome .

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lightbulb

Hi : Almost all other security programs are better than McAfee . IF you are interested in testing done by the INDEPENDENT RESEARCHERS at www.av-comparatives.org , Trend Micro came in 10th of 14 in their "Whole Product Dynamic test" . Even free programs like Avast, Avira and AVG performed better .
    For the BEST in what counts in Life :

http://www.ctftoronto.com

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind View Post
    Hi : Almost all other security programs are better than McAfee . IF you are interested in testing done by the INDEPENDENT RESEARCHERS at www.av-comparatives.org , Trend Micro came in 10th of 14 in their "Whole Product Dynamic test" . Even free programs like Avast, Avira and AVG performed better .
    I have no interest in this discussion whatsoever, I don't use any of the producs analysed by Ed Bott, but some statements and inferences in your post just seem careless to me. I will make two observations and leave one question:

1. Today, the 20th August 2011, the site you linked has no comparative study that includes the current 2011 products. Maybe in the name of a rigorous and substantiated advice, you should have stated that the results you so promptly quoted are relative to last year's products.

2. Maybe you don't know Ed Bott. If you did, you wouldn't capitalize INDEPENDENT RESEARCHER, to imply he is not independent. I have been an attentive reader and, in my view, he always backs up his advice through real usage of the products.

Have you even read Ed Bott's analysis, before implying he is giving bad advice?
    Last edited by ruirib; 2011-08-20 at 19:19. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind View Post
    Trend Micro came in 10th of 14 in their "Whole Product Dynamic test".
    The July report is not yet out but based on the tables on the site, it seems Titanium Max has improved dramatically in these tests since last year. Even in the past several months it shows steady improvement.

Source: http://www.av-comparatives.org/en/co.../dynamic-tests

Disclaimer: I do legal work for Trend Micro.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-08-20 at 19:08. Reason: Fixed second screen shot.