Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jkitc View Post
    This green is not so dark, #90EE90
    That color (90EE90) works better when highlighting the web page so I think I will stick with that. I wanted something to jump out at me. With that and the Site Identity Button, I feel more confident with what are supposed to be secure sites.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Once I became addicted to tweaking colours in Firefox and Thunderbird, I found a couple of Color Picker programs, the simplest of which, and my favorite, is Corante. Others include Color Cop and Color Picker. All are free and a search with their name and the words color picker will find several download sources.

With Corante, for example, you can open the program from the single exe file and select a colour. One method is to hover over a colour you like in another part of your screen, press the space bar and hey presto! the code for that colour appears. Another method is to drag a cursor over a box with subtle shade variations until you get the one you want.

Warning: it is easy to spend hours fine tuning the colours and forget why you doing it in the first place.

Thanks

UserChrome Not Present By Default is Normal.

From THIS thread :

"As mentioned, the (user)Chrome folder DOESN'T EXIST by default (i.e. user must manually create it), so that means that if it did exist in case of your previous installation, you must have created it one time or another.

FYI, as far as I know everything that's in the profile folder is "version independent", meaning that you can always use the old profile folder (e.g. a profile folder from version 2.xxx in version 3.xxx etc.)

The only exception was when they moved favorites, cookies, history etc. (from .txt & .html files) to .sqlite files, and even then (at least AFAIK) they were somehow imported into the new formatted files. Also, AFAIK once similar example is "signons2.txt" and "signons3.txt". "

(The thread discusses userContent.css, but the same info applies to userChrome.css and all other contents of the old Firefox Chrome folder.) The change happened in Firefox 4. Firefox no longer officially supports customizing using userChrome.css. But if you do have an existing userChrome folder or file(s) that all should work (with unpredictable results) in all versions of firefox, including Firefox 6. You would have to find or create a new copy of your old userChrome.css data. A bit after the fact, but the Firefox FEBE Extension can back up and later recover, the userChrome data.
    Last edited by bobprimak; 2011-09-02 at 12:17.
    -- Bob Primak --

mart44
    Quote Originally Posted by bobprimak View Post
    FYI, as far as I know everything that's in the profile folder is "version independent", meaning that you can always use the old profile folder (e.g. a profile folder from version 2.xxx in version 3.xxx etc.)

The only exception was when they moved favorites, cookies, history etc. (from .txt & .html files) to .sqlite files, and even then (at least AFAIK) they were somehow imported into the new formatted files. Also, AFAIK once similar example is "signons2.txt" and "signons3.txt". "[/COLOR]
    That is so. I often think this is why some people get trouble with Firefox. The same Profile that was created when Firefox was first installed, is used forever, version after version. I think it pays to create a new Profile from time to time, especially if upgrading to a newer version of Firefox. This has been my preference since Firefox was called Phoenix (0.3). Perhaps creating a new Profile from version to version isn't quite so necessary now but it doesn't hurt to do so every now and then. It may even help to make Firefox run in a trouble-free way. Most Firefox problems seem to originate from the Profiles folder, perhaps especially so if it is an old one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12