Star Lounger
    Thanks

Default to "open new tab" (Firefox)

The way Firefox works is that entering a URL in the Location Bar opens the page in the currently selected tab, and entering a search in the Search Bar works the same way. In both cases, however, you can display the resulting page in a new tab by pressing Alt+Enter instead of Enter.

I would like to reverse this behaviour for both situations. That is, I want to make the default behaviour to be displaying the resulting page in a new tab. (Conversely, pressing Alt+Enter would display the result in the currently selected tab.)

I've changed the behaviour for the Search Bar by entering "about:config" then changing "browser.search.openintab" to True, but I can't work out how to do it for the Location panel.

Does anyone know if/how it can be done?

Thanks
    I don't think this is a built-in feature of Firefox. Over the years, there have been many extensions that customized the tabbed browsing feature, so one of those add-ons might do what you want.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscher2000 For This Useful Post:

David Paul (2011-08-21)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    I don't think this is a built-in feature of Firefox. Over the years, there have been many extensions that customized the tabbed browsing feature, so one of those add-ons might do what you want.
    Thanks. Tab Utilities Lite seems to do the trick!