Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Star Lounger Roderick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Near Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Invisible text on Intranet web page

    We have an internal Intranet site at our company that I built using Microsoft FrontPage 2003. It's been working great until a couple of staff got new Windows 7 computers so they updated their Internet Explorer to the latest version 9. All of a sudden the regular text on the pages have turned invisible - it's still there, just transparent with the background. Any hyperlinks show up clearly. Here's a link to a PDF showing the results - using IE 8 works fine. I don't have a shot with IE 9 but tried it using latest version of FireFox and it shows the same results of the missing text. (Also tried it in latest Opera - same missing text.)

    Anyone have any thoughts of what's going on here? The standard text font is everybody's favourite Arial. It's got to have something to do with the browsers, not Win 7.

    Rod Corkum

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,519
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Have you tried using IE 9's compatibility view?

  3. #3
    Super Moderator jscher2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Silicon Valley, USA
    Posts
    23,112
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 93 Times in 89 Posts
    Most likely it is a problem with the code generated by FrontPage. Have you tried IE's compatibility mode (I assume IE9 still have compatibility mode...)?

  4. #4
    Star Lounger Roderick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Near Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Most likely it is a problem with the code generated by FrontPage. Have you tried IE's compatibility mode (I assume IE9 still have compatibility mode...)?
    Those users with IE9 had rolled back to IE8 which solved the problem temporarily so I ignored it until now. We just added a new computer which has IE9 so I played around with it some more. The compatibility mode in IE didn't do anything (and there's no compatibility mode in FireFox or Opera where I also tested it.) Turns out when I eventually found the problem, it was the FrontPage theme I was using. One page displayed fine which was in a different theme. When I experimented with the themes I found that about half of them were not compatible with IE9 (regular black text appeared transparent) but the rest of the themes were fine. So I ended up changing the Intranet pages to a different theme that was compatible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •