2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Want to skip password logon

I have reformatted my hard drive and reloaded Windows ME. Now every time I boot, it insists on asking me for a password. I have only one user and no password. But each time I have to press enter before Win wll continue loading. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Re: Want to skip password logon

Does this help?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q152/1/04.asp>Q152104</A> How to Prevent a Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me Logon Prompt at Startup

New Lounger
    Thanks

Leif,
    Am I not correct that if this is done, the entire contents of the computer is open to anyone on the network? Does it not also make the person's computer much more open to hacking when online?

I know that was not part of the original question, and I am not disputing the accuracy of the answer. If I am correct, then this action should only be taken with great caution. (It is easier not to have to lock your car, but it isn't always smart to park it and walk away without locking it.) -jc

ileacy

Windows 98 is not very secure anyway.

Having said that, Local network security depends on what you grant shares to and how you protect them.

Password protect your shares, or don't grant any, if you are concerned about others accessing your system.