We currently use Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2010. Before that we had Outlook 2000/2003 and Exchange 2003.

We commonly connect multiple mailboxes in the folder list. For instance, we might add an attorney to the assistant's folder list which then makes any of the attorney's folders shared with the assistant visible in the assistant's calendar, contacts, etc.

As administrator with full rights, I keep a connection to everyone's mailbox in Outlook so my folder list is quite long.

The mailboxes that migrated over from the old mail server to the new one show up as "Mailbox - John Smith". The mailboxes that were created after the migration on the new mail server show up with just the user's name "John Smith". It makes my folder list a hard at times to find the user's mailbox because it doesn't sort alphabetically correctly. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting but there's no change. The mailbox name is still prepended with "Mailbox -".

I assume this is a carryover? Is there a way to make that go away or in the alternative to add it to the new system's users?