New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 Theme Manager (free preferable)

Can anyone recommend a couple of Windows Theme managers that don't cost an arm and a leg?

I just have a very simple need. I have several directories of photos I would like to set up as background for a Windows theme.

You would think that Windows personalization would make customizing your desktop an easy thing. . .Unfortunately not.

I have tried copying existing themes in Windows 7 personalization. . .and then changing the directory . . .and renaming/creating a new theme.
    But after you save it, and go to a different theme and then go back. . . the directory is gone, restored to the original theme. theme directory./

I've looked around for windows theme managers. . there's a freebie out there. . . but it makes you use/download their themes. . not what I want to do.
    I don't want to spend $50 bucks for the stardock one.

Just want a simple tool that can create a theme from a set of photo directories .. would be nice to 'clone' the sound & other personalization stuff from an existing theme. ..

Thanks. ..

Thanks
    If you want to just add some pictures to the desktop slide show go to C:, Windows, Globalization, MCT. This is the folder that holds all the pics in the Desktop Personalization area. You can add pics to a particular theme. or to the general background. I am not exactly sure if this is what you are looking for, but it is free.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Not sure if this will work but it is easy and free. Create a new Library and add the folders you want to the new Library. Right click an empty area on the desktop, Select "Personalize", select "Desktop Background" and set it use your Library as the source for the Pictures. Save your changes as a new theme. Make sure the theme is selected.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. . .

Joe/Ted. . . thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Guys. . I tried the Libary thing. . . problem is, again. Once you change the new/saved theme, and then go back to it.

It reverts to the directory/source from the original theme that you modified.

Just really frustrated with doing the simplest thing.

thanks for the help.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hmm.., I'm trying to get it to not work and can't
    You are going to Desktop background and browsing for your directory with the pics, then checking each or leaving all selected to include in the theme and setting picture position and interval and saving the changes right?
    Then when you are back in Personalization you see your theme in My Themes and you save and name it there correct?

That's all I do and cannot get it to fail.

Additionally once it is saved in Personalization you can right click on the theme and save it for sharing. This will create a themepack that you can share with others or move to different systems but also install it on the same system and make the source picture location a non-factor because they are copied to the themepack.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas or reveals something you missed.