New Lounger
    Thanks

Footer gets deleted due to formatting changes

Hi,

I am working on a doc where I need to remove the section break(next page) and apply the two column format to the document. However, as soon as I do that the footer though visible in the word document, gets deleted when seen in the notepad format. You can search for word "CLAUSE#:BEGIN:6:footer (39.0)" in the notepad format. The entry for the footer is present twice in the sample 1 document which is reduced to one after making the formatting changes. I don't know the reason why the second entry for the footer is not there for the document when seen in notepad format. I need the entry to be there as we work on an Word plug in application that does not allow saving the document if the entry for the footer goes missing in the document after the formatting changes. Can you please look into this and suggest a possible solution for this. I am attaching both the documents for your reference.
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-08-26 at 17:59. Reason: Attachments removed per request in a later post.

Thanks
    What do you mean by "the notepad format"?

For both of these documents, Word prompts me to convert from XML when opening. Is that what you expect to happen?

Generally speaking, when you delete a section break, you can envision the text before the section break being inserted into the section after the break. Thus, the headers and footers from the latter section take over the headers and footers of the previous section. Does that match the behavior you are seeing? If you want to preserve the headers/footers of the previous section, you need to update the headers/footers of the latter section to have "Link to Previous" or "Same as Previous".

Thanks
    Everything in first reply is correct. If you need a manual on sections see http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm.

Looking at the docs I don't see any difference between the footers at the end. I opened them in Word 2010.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you so much for your reply on this. It is working now. Can you please delete the attachments from my first post?

Regards,
    Anuj

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anujkap123 View Post
    Can you please delete the attachments from my first post?
    I did, but for future reference, you can do that if after clicking Edit Post you click Go Advanced.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jscher2000 For This Useful Post:

anujkap123 (2011-08-29)