New Lounger
    Thanks

Firefox 6 - Multiple iterations load at startup/Can only start manually

Downloaded FF6 made it my default browser, started it up and got 7 copies of the browser. Had to manually close 6 and then enter my destination. I had noticed this in FF5 and took it off default, started using Chrome instead. Had problems with it accessing certain types of pages, so switched to IE 9 but really wanted FF so downloaded 6 but found the same problem again with many iterations of the browser starting up.

Also find that if I click on a link in my email FF does not start, I have to manually enter the information for it to go to the URL.
    John Quigley

"Wish not so much to live long as to live well."
    --Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1746

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Thanks
    I don't know if you uninstalled the previous programs before you installed the newer or not so.I would like to suggest this,FREE program;http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html
    For backing up your bookmarks etc;https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb...+settings&as=s
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    A word of thanks for the article, I have followed the thoughts and information and will do the work it suggests. Will see if it works out the way it should. Again thank you.
    John Quigley

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have run REVO and it says that the only iteration of Firefox on my computer is 6.0, so I guess I am good to go there. Thank you for pointing out this program.
    John Quigley

Thanks
    Just a thought here.When FF opens in 7 copies do they,ALL have the same home page?
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten