3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Photos in Access forms (2000)

I have created a form for players on the team. The photos are in the JPEG format. When I go to put the photo in the form field (OLE object), all I get is an icon, even though the show as icon checkbox is not enabled.

I have also been in a classroom setting where some computers are able to show the graphics and others only show the icon, even though it is the same graphic for everyone.

Can somebody explain to me what is happening and how I can turn Access "on" so it will show the JPEG photo and other graphics?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Photos in Access forms (2000)

I had the same problem and received an answer that worked for me on the Element K Access bulletin board (http://bbs.elementkjournals.com/).

Microsoft has a couple of Knowledge Base articles that could help you, too. Q148463 - How to
    display image in Form Without Storing It in Table - lets you show images on screen.

Q161010 - How to Embed a Bitmap Object in a Report at Run Time - might address your need more
    directly for the printed reports.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried going to the site you posted without success.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

John,

To get to the Element K Journals Access forum, try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.elementkjournals.com/ima>clicking here</A>. Then, select the Message Board.

Mr. Weller's suggestion of the Microsoft Access Knowledge Base articles will also work.

HTH,

Tom