5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple or single accounts 2010

Like many others, I have more than one Outlook 2010 email account. It may be worth discussing the pros and cons of that, but in my own case what began with the best of intentions turned into a mess, and I would like to make a single (or, for purposes of discussion, several) Outlook.pst file(s) my common destination(s). Several would presumably mean several Inbox.pst files.

I have seen a number of references to this, but I have yet to read a straightforward explanation of how to accomplish it. Defining a single destination (or several) in Data Files looks easy enough, but how do I move the data from multiple existing pst files to a new or existing destination or destinations? I guess I could get into the import/export business, but I an reluctant to try it on an experimental basis when so many fine Loungers have done it a million times and might be happy to share their knowledge for the benefit of all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dogberry View Post
    Defining a single destination (or several) in Data Files looks easy enough, but how do I move the data from multiple existing pst files to a new or existing destination or destinations?
    Drag and drop is easier than Export/Import. Currently, I don't have any POP3 accounts in my Outlook inbox. However, when I did, I could add a column to show the account on which the message was received. By grouping or filtering on the account, I could isolate those messages and then drag them as a group to a different folder in the same or a different PST.

Edit: Going from several to one actually is easier than going from one to several.
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-08-27 at 12:30. Reason: Edit...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I agree, drag and drop is best way to go, you have all the control you want on the messages to move and the respective destinations.