Star Lounger
    Thanks

Not able to resend messages (OL2K SR-1)

Every time I try to resend a mail from the Sent Items folder, I get the following error message:
    "you do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user"
    I was the original sender of the message.

I checked what was in the From field of the messages and it appears to be me. I also tried to add the From field to new messages but it is "greyed out". Is there a connection?

This is really frustrating as I have to cut & paste into a new message to resend. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Not able to resend messages (OL2K SR-1)

Are you using exchange server? Do you have more than one account in your profile? Double click on the from address - does it have your address. Also, try deleting your name from the from field. Finally, are you using corp or IMO mode? see help > about.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry - using an Exchange 2000 server and I am using Corp mode.
    Only profile is the default "MS Exchange Settings"
    From Address is mine.
    Deleting name does the trick, which ties in with something else I have noticed. If I open a new message, I cannot get the From field to show, as it is "greyed out" but if I send message with attachment from, say, Excel, From field is present and is blank. If I leave field blank, I get the problem on resend. If I try to fill in the From field with my name and try to send, I am infromed I do not have "appropriate permission to perform this operation"

Any more ideas?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

i have no idea why, but apparently, it thinks you are logged on as someone else. I would think it's a misconfiguration of the NT domain and Exchange server and exchange is confused about who is sending.

Do you have hte same log on for both exchange and NT and is the network using active directory or a mix of servers (NT and 2k)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

W2K domain exists within a Novell NetWare network. I have the same login and password for both NetWare and Active directory.

I can understand that Exchange might be confused but why would that "grey out" the From and (I have just noticed) Bcc fields in the View menu of a new message?

How can I check for misconfiguration at the server end?