Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Thanks Fred.............another situation, I'm getting a lot of errors trying to delete with Agent Ransack:
    Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disc.
    At this rate I don't think enough will be deleted to install the SW. What you think?
    squire,

When you run "Agent Ransack" and you "see" a folder (HP) when you "Right Click" on it what does the context menu show? can you "Take ownership"? and then delete? Also if you can see where the folder is ...ex: Program Data> HP BLAH-BLAH.exe ... you can go to it and try deleting from there. You may have to "Take Ownership" ... One other thing has occurred to me..did you try running the HP uninstaller as a "Administrator"? Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is the screwiest software I've ever delt with. I cleared all that I could find, installed with the CD that came with the printer. It stalled after I plugged in the USB cables. Said Phooey, hit ctrl/alt/delete and sat back. Decided to print a test page and lo and behold it printed it. How I don't know, but I ain't touching anything. Thanks a lot Fred and Ted. Learned some new tricks today.

Thanks
    Glad things are working for you. Sometimes there is no explanation for how things work.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12