Lounger
    Thanks

HTML/Plain Text (Outlook 2000)

If someone sends me an e-mail in HTML and I want to reply in Plain Text, my Outlook help file tells me to
    note; When you reply to a message, Outlook uses the format the message was created in. For example, if you reply to a message sent to you in plain text, Outlook creates a plain text response. However, if you prefer, you can switch to a different format for your reply. Select the message you want to reply to, click Reply, and then, in the reply message, on the Format menu, click the message format you want to use.

Outlook on my machine does not show the message format when Format menu is selected.

Am I missing something here.

Regards

Ed

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HTML/Plain Text (Outlook 2000)

are you using word as the editor? i think it's on options menu of the wordmail toolbar

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HTML/Plain Text (Outlook 2000)

Yes I am using Word, but I have found a workaround this problem:
    From Tools/Options I have selected "Message Format" and use Plain Text. Unchecked the box marked "use Microsoft word to edit e-mail message. My next move was to customize the Toolbar and from the "commands" selected from "Action" - "New Mail Message Using". I edit the text of this box to read "New Mail" to make the wording shorter.

I can now switch between editors to send new or reply to, messages in either plain text or html. As I have signature files in Word which also gives the current date/time that e-mails were composed, I can also copy these files from Word and paste them in the plain text editor which does not have the facility I require.

Regards

Ed