Lounger
    Thanks

Windows DVD Maker

I wonder if any one can help. I downloaded about 60 video clips total time 35 minutes. I created a movie in Windows Movie Maker. Now when I try to burn it, it gets stuck at 35%. I left it on for a whole night without any success. I see a lot of FFDSHO icon in task manager. I believe it has something to do with codecs.
    I am operating Dell desk top 531 with Vista 32 bit home premium with 4 gigs of ram.

I appreciate any help available.

Noor Motani

Thanks
    Hi Noor,
    What program are you asking about, W DVD Maker & W Movie Maker are 2 separate programs.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Hi Noor,
    What program are you asking about, W DVD Maker & W Movie Maker are 2 separate programs.
    I made movie with Windows Movie Maker and trying to burn it with Windows DVD maker. The movie maker records the movie but to burn it automatically takes me to DVD maker and there it gets stuck. The problem is not making the movie but the problem is with DVD maker. I hope this information will answer your question.

One more question, when the movie is in movie maker, can I burn the DVD using any other program? how do I do it?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Hi Noor, I have never used Movie Maker but the last time I used DVD Maker it would convert the file and burn it to disc in about 4 to 5 hours.
    What type of movie files do you have. ?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would try running the movie you made through DVDFlick, see if it succeeds or has a similar problem. Hard to say what the problem is because it should either work or not, not stall a third of the way in when its all one continuous movie, unless there was some sort of interruption or glitch while rendering the movie at the failure point. DVDFlick will let you know if that's the case or if the fault lies somewhere with the DVD Maker process.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. I managed to make the movie within one hour using Nero 8. As you said it takes 4 to 5 hours, that's too slow. I previously made movie maker and burn them with DVD maker and it always took me under an hour. it is only this time it creates problem while transcoding with FFDshow.

Thanks anyways for your help.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Is DVDflick a free program?
    As I said in my last post, I have managed to burn the DVD using Nero 8 and it did the job in under an hour.

Thanks for your help.