3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A'2010 - Automated XL import

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Access (Office 2010), have been working primarily with Oracle, so please bear with stupid questions

Got a folder with a large number of spreadsheets (sequential date order, one sheet per book)

I need to import it to an Access database and trust it must be possible to automate this by eg. VBA.

Anyone having a snippet of code that can do the trick? (Import all workbooks from a dedicated folder into a single Access table
    (append one worksheet after the other in a single table)

All tips are welcome
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have a look at the thread starting with this post. It is not exactly what you want, but it might be you started. It includes a demo db.

Here is another one.
    Regards
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks John, I'll give it a go tomorrow. They seem to be something in the right direction.

Suggestion #2 - "Multiple Excel Files..." worked like a charm (Thanks again Hans / )
    Last edited by Henrik Ryberg; 2011-08-31 at 09:12.
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work