2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Getting free WiFi to work...

I think it is just some setting that I'm missing, when I go to Starbucks US or the Coffee Company in the NL my Win 7 connects to their Wifi, next I'm supposed to be taken to a site where I agree to whatever condidtions and then go to my home page and on to the net. I connect ( Wifi app says I'm connected, I click on make this a public connection and check "new network". That's it PC tries to connect to ATT site to agree to terms and times out, if I go to home page it times out or cannot connect. Happens the same way here in US and did it in the NL all this summer. Where I was had good free WiFi and here is states have a Verizon card, so it does not bother me to much. When I use other free spots that require a sign in number, I have no problem. I am interested in solving this issue as one day I may have to depend only on these freebeeies and of course I want to solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated, thanks, Stan

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Stan,

What browser are you using? If it's Firefox are you using NoScript? NoScript could be blocking necessary JavaScript on the page. I haven't used these sites but do travel in our motorhome constantly and have never encountered this problem personally.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks R Geek, Yes I use FF and also No Script, I forget whether I closed NS when trying to sign in, but it will be another arrow in my quiver when I try again. Usually with NS I get a screen alert at the botton telling me that "Scripts currently forbidden" which allows me to give permission, NS has never to the best of my recollection prevented a page from trying to open. As I said, my next attempt will include a NS check, thanks, Stan

Thanks
    I saw "No Script" hyped on several forums so of course, I tried it. It gave me so many problems that I finally just UN-Installed it and never looked back. Now I only use "AdBlock+" to keep the ad's, banners and popups off of my screen. It works!

Cheers Mate!
    The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Still have the same problem, yesterday I was in the Dallas airport and the freebie this time was t-Mobile. I am going to try to attach a copy of the wireless info I was able to find, I hope it comes through......Stan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho View Post
    I saw "No Script" hyped on several forums so of course, I tried it. It gave me so many problems that I finally just UN-Installed it and never looked back. Now I only use "AdBlock+" to keep the ad's, banners and popups off of my screen. It works!

Cheers Mate!
    The Doctor
    And I use both, No Script takes a while to get set for your way on the 'net but once done, I do not like using browsers without it.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As I think I stated before, at the freebie sites the page that usu asks for info never opens, all other pages open with a warning about scripts............