Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply, No this is what happens when I click on mostly all the programs. In the Start Menu. They all have LNK in the download manager, why I am trying to figure out what it has to do with LNK. I can just click on the program in the Start manager and "Down Manager" will open and ask if I want to save it or open and save it. . I hope you understand what I mean.
    ""

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy2 View Post
    Thanks for your reply, No this is what happens when I click on mostly all the programs. In the Start Menu. They all have LNK in the download manager, why I am trying to figure out what it has to do with LNK. I can just click on the program in the Start manager and "Down Manager" will open and ask if I want to save it or open and save it. . I hope you understand what I mean.
    ""
    Well, you're posting here in a thread about IE9 in a forum about Internet Explorer, but your issue apparently has nothing to do with Internet Explorer.

Perhaps this is what you need: In Windows 7, .LNK File associations changed If not, start a new thread (Post New Thread at top left) in the Windows 7 forum.

But I think you just need to remove a file association for the .lnk extension, and there are several ways to do that including command prompt and registry editor.

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2012-06-28 at 14:45.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you so much BruceR, I used the suggestion that you offered and wolla it worked. I didn't have a Unzipping program but, I downloaded one and the link you gave me worked perfect. I also Backed Up the computer so I would have it again in case something happened. Thanks again, you're the greatest.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobSB View Post
    But there are some websites that require IE and, for those, I have to use a different computer.
    While I haven't used them myself, a lot of people seem to find Firefox add-ons like IETab and IEView useful in situations such as yours.

Edit: I meant to access sites that require IE and are usable in IE on your primary machine (perhaps you didn't mean the general statement to which I responded to apply to such sites, in which case, never mind).
    Last edited by - bill; 2012-07-04 at 18:22.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi folks..

Long time lurker, first time poster

I don't know if I've just been lucky, but I've managed to fix a whole host of IE7, IE8, and IE9 problems (I work in IT Support) using the .cmd files found on this page.. For me, they've been like a magic bullet for IE problems.

http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=a...133&artlang=en

So far as I can tell, the scripts just use Regsrv to re-register a whole host of .dll files. The scripts don't always fix everything, but they've worked for me at least a dozen times or more.. and a couple of times to fix exactly the problem being described - albeit with IE8, not IE9. There are fix script downloads there for Internet Explorer version 7 and up.

Note - be careful to download the appropriate one depending on whether you have a 32Bit or 64Bit installation of Windows.

Hope this helps..

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobSB View Post
    Whenever a link inside an existing web page tries to open a new tab, IE9 opens a tab that is completely blank. However, links that call for a new page in the existing window work fine. All the latest Windows patches have been installed. I have tried to remove and reinstall IE9 but the installation program refuses to run, saying that a newer version of IE9 is already installed, even after I've removed it in Control Panel. I have no problems with this on the same computer when running Firefox. Any suggestions?

This worked for me:

Simply open IE and
    Tools>Internet Options, Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

I had to use Firefox to locate this, but found it at:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-fde781e707e2/

I hope this helps! Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12