New Lounger
    Thanks

Duplicate Emails

I've got Outlook 2003 set up with various sub-folders in my inbox. I've also set up simple rules for each of these folders so that any emails that comply with the rule for a given folder get sent to the appropriate folder. For example, this is a rule rule I've got set up for my 'Cycling' folder:

For any emails that arrive from 'road.cc' [a weekly newsletter I've subscribed to] move them to the cycling folder.

Simple. However, whenever I get an email from road cc, I get duplicate copies. One gets directed to my cycling folder, as expected, but the other gets sent to my spam folder. I always mark the one that gets sent to my spam folder as not spam, and I've added road cc's details to my safe senders list. Yet this happens every time.

The same thing also happens on a couple of other newsletters I receive on a regular basis. But the weird thing is that it doesn't happen with some others.

I'm running Norton 360 and have configured it so that all emails I mark as not spam get added to Norton's allowed list. And sure enough, road cc's details show up on the allowed list.

Is this an Outlook thing or something to do with Norton? I've checked my subscription with road cc and I'm only subscribed once under one email address. I've also tried deleting the offending rules and creating new ones. But still the problem persists.

Any help or advice in solving this irritating problem would be greatly appreciated.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Have you added the senders to the whitelist in Outlook? That should stop the junk mail issue, but I don't know why you get two copies.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Have you added the senders to the whitelist in Outlook? That should stop the junk mail issue, but I don't know why you get two copies.

cheers, Paul
    Thanks Paul. Yes, I've already done that (assuming Outlook's safe senders list is the same thing as its whitelist):
    Quote Originally Posted by cavasta View Post
    I always mark the one that gets sent to my spam folder as not spam, and I've added road cc's details to my safe senders list. Yet this happens every time.

Thanks
    I've had a similar issue when using rules in that I received duplicate emails (but never to the spam folder though)

What I found out was that in each rule I had to enable the "stop processing more rules" option.

Hope that may help.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Browni View Post
    I've had a similar issue when using rules in that I received duplicate emails (but never to the spam folder though)

What I found out was that in each rule I had to enable the "stop processing more rules" option.

Hope that may help.
    Interesting. Did you have to do that on all your rules or just the ones that were duplicating emails?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Browni View Post

Hope that may help.

Followed your advice, checked 'stop processing more rules' on all my rules, problem solved. Thanks very much

Thanks
    Glad to be of help.