New Lounger
    Thanks

One Note and Desktop Experience not working

Windows 7 with the Office Professional 2010 One Note application frozen to inaction because Desktop Experience is not installed. The dialog box instructions and web links I have found don't work. Anybody out there with the fix??

Thanks
    Desktop Experence is generally a Server 2008 app. Not sure why you would see this with Win 7 and Office 2010. It allows you to install Win 7 features on a server. Which version of Win 7 do you have installed?
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System > Check the Windows Experience Index

Alternatively, go to Games and play a game or something, but note 'Check your computer's Performance Information' and if nothing much is there click 'Learn more about these scores', where the wording changes to Windows Experience Index.

Yes, this is truly silly stuff and how it could generate an error message beats me (unless everyone but everyone has to play a game before they can use their computer).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The Windows 7 is Professional and the Office Application is Professional Pro 2010. The One Note is still asking for Desktop Experience but its directions on finding for installation don't work!!

Thanks
    Weird - I have the same installation, but it never asked for Desktop Experience at all.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an old computer with which I am experimenting, and it has a Windows Experience Index of 1.0, which is the lowest score possible. (Both graphics for Aero and 3D business and gaming graphics are 1.0, and the Base Score is determined by the lowest subscore.) It has 1 GB of RAM.

That computer has Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows Office 2010 Professional, and other demanding software, all of them the latest versions and up-to-date. Every application will load smoothly and almost all of them swiftly. That doesn't mean anyone expects the more demanding of them to run well, if at all. Most of my use has been of the 'glorified typewriter' variety, but I have a transfer program on the computer and can transfer the entire collection of software to a new computer at any time, hence the rationale for the collection, most of which comes in suites anyway. OneNote will definitely open and run with the rest of the stuff. As a matter of fact, games are the one thing it won't run. I suggest you visit 'Games' again and click under the games icon to ask for the (new or updated) score.