Star Lounger
    Thanks

Choose File to Upload dialog box - libraries error

I change the libraries shown in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer from time-to-time as many people do. For example, since I teach in Higher Education I create a library entry in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer for each new semester such as "2011 Fall Courses". I removed the "2011 Spring Courses" from the navigation pane now that we are into the fall semester. The problem is that when the "Choose File to Upload" dialog box pops up (typically due to an upload to a web site) the old 2011 Spring Courses (as well as other items that I've previously removed from the standard navigation pane re-appear. Logically, one would expect that when items are removed from the navigation pane in Windows Explorer that they would also be automatically removed from the "Choose File to Upload" dialog box, but this does not happen on my computer running Windows 7 64-bit on a dual-core DELL desktop.

This is quite annoying. Is there a fix or work-around?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Not sure if it will work, but have you tried right clicking the folder in the dialog box and choosing Delete?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes. That seems to work, but it sure would be nice if the change I made in the navigation pane in Windows Explorer would automatically propagate to the "Choose File to Upload" dialog box. Ah, but maybe that's asking too much of Microsoft?