2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

win7 tree is screwed up

At one point my many files came out of their folders and went to the my documents root. I began correcting it using Previous Versions and then I found a second MD inside the first MD. So I renamed them first as My Documents2 and the one that looked correct and was inside as My Documents. Most files are now in the right place but there are many I am having to delete or move. Mostly delete as they are now duplicates.

So I got the fixed My Documents into the Documents Library and then at some point It changed to My Documents2. When I pin the My Documents to the LIbrary it shows up as My Documents2.

Then I'm trying to remove the Documents from the library that was working for a few minutes so My Documents 2 can become My Documents but it won't let me. Confusing, right? How can I make the fixed My Documents live alone and add it to the Documents Library while removing any other incomplete versions of My Documents from the same location? My fear is that I may end up backing up the wrong folder using my backup program.

Thanks
    This link should explain on what you want;http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to...ws-7-explorer/
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'll Try this

This looks useful. I'll go over it. Somewhow after I had most of the folders back to square one using Previous Versions, the my documents folder showed up with all the files in the root again. So I'm starting over. I don't know what I did except that it seemed to have something to do with my trying to rename one of the My Doc folders and remove the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by sussertown View Post
    At one point my many files came out of their folders and went to the my documents root. I began correcting it using Previous Versions and then I found a second MD inside the first MD. So I renamed them first as My Documents2 and the one that looked correct and was inside as My Documents. Most files are now in the right place but there are many I am having to delete or move. Mostly delete as they are now duplicates.

So I got the fixed My Documents into the Documents Library and then at some point It changed to My Documents2. When I pin the My Documents to the LIbrary it shows up as My Documents2.

Then I'm trying to remove the Documents from the library that was working for a few minutes so My Documents 2 can become My Documents but it won't let me. Confusing, right? How can I make the fixed My Documents live alone and add it to the Documents Library while removing any other incomplete versions of My Documents from the same location? My fear is that I may end up backing up the wrong folder using my backup program.