Gold Lounger
    Johnson City, Tennessee, USA

Vista Side Bar for XP

Hello all,
    This might be old news to "XP" persons....But i can't help myself from being a "Tweaker",and having just installed XP-Pro.( week or so ago) Found this site that will permit you to change XP (visually side bar and everything else ) into Vista or "7" The site is huge and it took me sometime to sort this all out ...reading through the various pages of instructions, and "how to's" . First a warning... I didn't get this right the first time doing this ..So do a backup first.You will also need "7-Zip" (Free) to unpack the RAR folder...anyway here is the link XP Tweaks With these tweaks i was able to add the Vista side bar ,and have been using it for a few days and is stable... This is not some look alike but the actual "Real Deal" Just didn't like XP without the analog clock and calender ...Check it out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2011-09-07 at 12:54.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

4 Star Lounger
    Looks good, I have some gadgets here and there on various XP desktops but I don't really use them, I even forget to look at the analog-style clock when I check the time!
    One thing I use all the time though is a little program called Visual Task Tips which adds an aero peek feature. It would be nice if it worked like 7 where I could click on the peek window to open but it DOES work in remote desktop, which DOES NOT work in 7 unless the server is running Enterprise or Ultimate and the client is 7 Home Premium or above.