5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Installing extra memory.

Never having added memory to my Dell Dimension 2400, which is 8 years old, it must be 9 10 years since I last did this, and I would appreciate a refresher on the procedure.

I can remember that one must not touch sensitive parts of the card, and I seem to remember using white decorating gloves for the purpose. Not having any now, would ordinary gloves be OK, although probably somewhat greasy, or would a tissue or a clean kitchen towel be suitable?

Also, after installing the extra card, it did not show up as having been increased. Phoning Dell to complain that the memory was defective, I was told that the new card had to be installed in a specific slot, possibly where the original had been, I am unable to remember the details. That solved the problem.

Possibly it is no longer important where the larger 1 GB card is installed. Any guidance on this gratefully received.

George

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    See if Dimension 2400 memory helps.

Joe

Thanks
    Yes the larger memory stick,Must go in the number one slot then the smaller in the other.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten