3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Email client won't open from web page email link in Win 7

Recently switched from XP to Win 7, installed on a new SSD (XP still available on other HDD). In XP and using Opera (11.5, 12), I could click on an email link and my email client, Sylpheed, would open. In Win 7, that click returns a google "Internal communication error" page. My settings in Win 7, Opera and the email client are the same as in XP (see screenshots below). Any ideas where else to look?

Looking at the Opera settings screenshot, someone in an Opera newsgroup wondered about the difference between what's showing as the default application, which supposedly comes from Windows. He thought they should be the same, but looking back at XP that's not the case (screenshot). Thanks,

Screenshots: Opera email link problem - Win 7 default setting -2.jpgOpera email link problem - Win 7 default setting.jpgOpera email setting for forums post.jpg

Links that open email client in XP but not in Win 7: http://www.pcworld.com/resource/contactus.html
    Last edited by highstream; 2011-09-10 at 11:39.

Thanks
    Hi highstream, excuse the stutter, sorry I'm unable to make any suggestions re your mail problem, but you will find this helpful. Attachment 29128
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, that's helpful.