Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cannot change standard user UAC settings with or without admin elevation

I'm running Home Premium 64 on a desktop and laptop, within a workgroup (not homegroup). When I try to lower my standard user account's UAC settings, it prompts for an administrative account and password, which I provide. After lowering, but not turning off, the UAC level, I get the error message "You must be logged on to this computer as an administrator to select this setting" (see figure). When I logoff standard and logon as an administrator (with either my own or the System account) I cannot go to Control Panel|Users|Manage other Accounts|standard user account and find any option to change its UAC settings. Any changes I make within either admin account apply only to admin accounts, not standard accounts.

Why does Win 7 prompt me for admin elevation and then tell me I have to be logged on as an admin, and then when I do so, provide no way of changing my standard user account?

UAC Obstacle.JPG
    Win 8.1 (Update) Pro 64bit on Toshiba Ultrabook w/ Intel Core I3, 120gb SSD, 6gb RAM, and on ASRock Desktop PC, latter with 890GX Extreme 3 AM3, PII X3 740 BE (running as X4), 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, CM 692II Case, CM Silent Pro M600 PS, AC Freezer 7, Kingston SVP S2/96gb SSD, LaCie 2TB, H.I.S. ATI Radeon HD 4670, Samsung 23" Mon/HDTV.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Should have used "With Admin Elevation or Logon" in title.
    Win 8.1 (Update) Pro 64bit on Toshiba Ultrabook w/ Intel Core I3, 120gb SSD, 6gb RAM, and on ASRock Desktop PC, latter with 890GX Extreme 3 AM3, PII X3 740 BE (running as X4), 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, CM 692II Case, CM Silent Pro M600 PS, AC Freezer 7, Kingston SVP S2/96gb SSD, LaCie 2TB, H.I.S. ATI Radeon HD 4670, Samsung 23" Mon/HDTV.

Thanks
    It is because User Account Control settings can only be lowered for members of the Administrators Group. The settings can be raised for a standard user; but not lowered. It's part of the standard for a standard user.
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows