New Lounger
    Thanks

Running Windows 7, but problem with XP Hotfix kb891781

I've been using Coffee Cup HTML Editor for years with no problem. Today I opened build 12.373 and got the following message:

A recent Microsoft Security Update for the DHTML Editing Component has been
    detected. This Update (KB 891781) causes the Visual Editing portion of the Coffee to
    run Improperly. As a result, the Visual Tab will be disabled.

I've never seen that before. However, thinking I might have a problem with the build I was using, I downloaded and installed Full_12.375_NE. Opened it, and got the same message, followed by coffeecup 'exception' messages.

I went to Control Panel > Installed updates and discovered that indeed, there was an installed XP Hotfix KB89781 version 20050110.165439 installed on 4/6/10. I highlighted it and clicked Uninstall -- only to get a message saying that it already WAS uninstalled, and did I want to remove the listing from Installed Updates. I said 'no' and came here after researching a bit on the net.

Apparently this is a big problem. I'm running Windows 7 now, so even though I found a "hotfix" for the problem at: http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/...180&kbln=en-us

Windows XP English x86 sp3 Fix155390

I'm afraid to download and install it since I'm running Windows 7.

Can anyone here help?

Thanks,

Lisa

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    If you downloaded DHTML editing control it probably has all those fixes in it.

You should not be able to install a 6 year old XP fix in Windows 7.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    If you downloaded DHTML editing control it probably has all those fixes in it.
    It did, Joe -- thanks! All is well now.

Lisa