Thanks

Angle Brackets, StyleRef and Content Controls: a partial work-around

There is a recognized problem in 2007 (I haven't checked in 2010), where if you place a content control in a styled paragraph, then reference that paragraph using the STYLEREF field code; the text that appears is surrounded by angle brackets.

Annoying.

I've found a workaround for numbers and dates; use one of the number or date picture switches to format the result of the field. Even if your formatted result looks exactly the same as the original number or date, somehow using the picture switch causes the angle brackets to be dropped out of the result.

I'm just checking in to see if anyone has a similar solution for text referenced by the STYLEREF field.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The problem doesn't occur in Word 2010.

I tried a bunch of formatting switches on a STYLEREF field pointing to text, but none of them removed the angle brackets. Neither did embedding the STYLEREF field in a QUOTE field.

Thanks
    Well good to know they've solved it. Having those honkin' brackets lacks elegance. I too, went through every switch I could think of without success.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile