New Lounger
    Thanks

Red X in some pics or ads

I know security standards are pretty rigid on IE9 and this just started happening when I got this new computer up and running. Came with Win7 64 and IE9. I've been using firefox for years but thought I'd try IE9 for awhile and I kinda like it. Just doesn't sync with delicious. Hate that. But I'm getting red X's in some of the frames where ads with photos ago. Not all of them maybe 50%. I know that I've seen the fix before just couldn't find it here on the forum. I'm sure it's in the security settings but none jumput at me which to change. Can you hepl me? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    What are you aiming for: you want to see the ads, or you don't want to see the placeholders or the ads?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscher2000 For This Useful Post:

mtbarbee (2011-09-13)

Thanks
    Possibly under Internet options, Advanced Tab, Multimedia section:

InternetOptionsMultimedia.jpg
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

mtbarbee (2011-09-13)

mart44
    Are you using a hosts file or other ad blocker for blocking advertisements in web pages?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mart44 For This Useful Post:

mtbarbee (2011-09-13)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    sorry if I wasn't clear. I would like to see the ad pics. Ads don't really bother me, a neccessary evil on some sites. It';s what pays their bills. Not running a hosts file that I know of and have default IE9 pop up blocker on. An ad blocker is a seperate piece of software, right? or add-on that would need my permission,, if so haven't installed one. The intenet options, multimedia tab is set to default, just like yours Ted. Theses placeholders with the red X's don't really bother me and is def something I can live with, I was more wondering why after all this time with the new browser set to default it started blocking them all of sudden. And not all, just some. Thanks guys.

mart44
    Have you tried emptying the Temporary Internet Files?

Thanks
    IE 9 has in integrated pop up blocker that you can control via tools > Internet options > privacy. This setting will not affect your ability to see pictures blocked by a red x. A pop up is a new IE window that "pops up " over the window you are currently browsing. See this Microsoft KB article to control the red x.

Jerry

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

mtbarbee (2011-09-14)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried every step in the knowledgebase and am still dealing with some x's. It was pretty imformative. I used chrome and firefox (latest builds) to open the same pages and no red x where they were in IE9. But you know what? it's only in my email pages. When I'm outside of hotmail I get no red x's. It's something I can live with. I opened up the latest edition of Windows Secrets this a.m. and saw where Kathleen picked this thread for inclusion for lounge life and thought I ought to update to show where I am with situation. Thanks alot to all who answered. You guys are really good. This was my first post because I've been using another forum but will be back.

Thanks
    Have you updated your Flash Player plug-in yet? Go to Adobe's "Get Flash" page. There's a new version this week, both for IE and non-IE browsers. For security reasons, everyone should update Flash Player.
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am not sure about this but I think it has to do with CSS and whether the image url is from the same page as the text. If not, it usually won't display the image.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks for that info, just ran the update and we'll see what happens.

Thanks
    It is true that CSS (Cross-Site Scripting) may be blocked in Internet Options. It can be enabled in those Options. It's one of the Scripts options.
    -- Bob Primak --