Thread: Save changes

Thanks

Unhappy Save changes

Please forgive me, I'm fairly confident the answer is in here somewhere but I must not be using the right search parameters.

I have been working for few hours on a (W-2007) doc that I just closed without saving changes. Is there a way to recover from some history somewhere? I know Word is supposedly making backups as I go along, but are they destroyed if I fail to (gulp) say "yes" when I close Word? I still have the original doc of course, but absent all my edits.

Any help for the bumbler greatly appreciated.
    Bryan,
    Not the smartest critter on the glacier. . .
    . . .but I'm persistent (does that count?)

Thanks
    Word often will keep files in the AutoRecovery Save location (listed among your file location in Word Options). These may be .asd files. If Word cleaned these up, you might need an unerase/undelete utility to recover them. Obviously the more you work on other documents, the higher the risk that these will be overwritten and unrecoverable.

Thanks
    Thanks. I looked there and there weren't any files. I also ran a few different undelete utilities, but didn't have any luck there either (I guess it wasn't "classically" a deleted file). I suspect that when one clicks "No" on "Do you want to save . . . " MS has no reason to save anything. Aside from the loss of work, the sad thing is that I was about to click "Yes" when my wireless mouse took a jump onto "No". Ha-ha, and I'm one of those guys who always complained that Mr. Gates wasn't listening to me (Dang it Bill, when I say yes I mean yes, except when I mean no, or was that yes?)

Thanks for the input!
    Bryan,
    Not the smartest critter on the glacier. . .
    . . .but I'm persistent (does that count?)