New Lounger
    Thanks

How to Sync Outlook to new Cell Phone: laptop is not on a exchange server

I am running Outlook Office 2007 on Vista on my laptop which is NOT connected to a server or exchange server.

Currently I sync my older Palm cell phone manualy via cable with my laptop to have the same calendar & contacts on each. All the new cell phones that I am aware of, now sync automatically via the Cloud which only works if one's laptop is on a server.

What phone should I purchase to sync with my existing Outlook (like I do now) that is only on my one, non-server hosted, laptop? I do NOT want to use gmail or any other contact/calendar programs on the new cell phone, just Outlook.

Certainly I'm not the only person with this issue. Any advice?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I think both iPhone and Android have local sync solutions. For iPhone, I think you use iTunes, is that possible? For Android, this PC Magazine article runs down some popular free and paid options: How To: Sync Android With Microsoft Outlook | PCMag.com. To read about user experiences, Android-centric sites such as Android Central blog and forums are useful for individual user experiences and troubleshooting.