5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Buying ebooks from windows Secrets

Hi W/S

Tthis morning I ordered and paid fro the 'PC Maintenance Guide' ebook. This checkout page said I would receive an email with the links to obtain this book.
    Up till now the only email I have received is from Paypal to tell me I have paid.

How long does it take to send an automated email?

Thanks
    This guide is advertised and available for sale on the Newsletter page. The quickest way to obtain an answer to your question is to contact the Newsletter administration to ask them about the matter. Click the "Home" button on the menu bar at the top of the Lounge page, which brings up the Newsletter site, log in, and then click the 'Contact' button on the Newsletter menu bar to advise them of this issue.

Do not click the "Contact Us" button on the bottom right of any Lounge page, as that is for Lounge administration matters only, not any Newsletter issues.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye81 View Post
    This guide is advertised and available for sale on the Newsletter page. The quickest way to obtain an answer to your question is to contact the Newsletter administration to ask them about the matter. Click the "Home" button on the menu bar at the top of the Lounge page, which brings up the Newsletter site, log in, and then click the 'Contact' button on the Newsletter menu bar to advise them of this issue. Do not click the "Contact Us" button on the bottom right of any Lounge page, as that is for Lounge administration matters only, not any Newsletter issues.
    Hi Dead eye I did what you advised above but only took me back to same contact page. Is it possible for you to forward this to correct place for me as I am finding navigating around WS site difficult as it will not display properly. I still have not got any email from windows secrets with the link to the ebook. beginning to feel WS are just as big scammers as what they report on site.

Thanks
    Hi curiousclive,

I'm sure the Newsletter is just having some technical snafu, and that this misfire is purely unintentional.

The Contact forms are not the same. A simpler way to get your message to the Newsletter people is to click the 'Contact' button at the top of the Lounge Page, as shown in the graphic below. It is different than the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page.

Be sure to include your Newsletter Reader number and your Newsletter registered email address when you send your message.

I have no other way to contact anyone associated with the Newsletter, and you posting your concern with them will have greater impact.

Another thought: The system email you are waiting for would be sent to the email address you entered as your user name for the Newsletter subscription account. If you have switched to another email address, you will need to make the change in your Newsletter profile to prevent something like this from occurring in the future. If this is the case, check for the email under your original email address if it is still available to you.
    Last edited by Deadeye81; 2011-09-18 at 06:42. Reason: add Another thought

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi curiousclive,

I'm sure the Newsletter is just having some technical snafu, and that this misfire is purely unintentional.

The Contact forms are not the same. A simpler way to get your message to the Newsletter people is to click the 'Contact' button at the top of the Lounge Page, as shown in the graphic below. It is different than the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page.

Be sure to include your Newsletter Reader number and your Newsletter registered email address when you send your message.

I have no other way to contact anyone associated with the Newsletter, and you posting your concern with them will have greater impact.

Another thought: The system email you are waiting for would be sent to the email address you entered as your user name for the Newsletter subscription account. If you have switched to another email address, you will need to make the change in your Newsletter profile to prevent something like this from occurring in the future. If this is the case, check for the email under your original email address if it is still available to you.

Hi Dead eye
    I did what you said but the contact link on top of lounge window only takes me back to same contact page as before. I sent request again via this link but still have not received any reply. Also I paid for this via the ebooks link not newsletter link.
    If I do not get a response today, tomorrow I will go to Paypal for refund of my money as windows secrets seems to have no intention of supplying the goods paid for.

Thanks
    Hello curiousclive,

I have also sent a message to the Newsletter administration. My past experience is that they will answer, but it may take some time. I understand how you feel, but I do believe you are misreading intentions. Try to give it more time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadeye81 For This Useful Post:

curiousclive (2011-09-19)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello curiousclive,

I have also sent a message to the Newsletter administration. My past experience is that they will answer, but it may take some time. I understand how you feel, but I do believe you are misreading intentions. Try to give it more time.
    How much time do I give It been two days now and no reply or acknowledgement of my request has been forth coming. It does not take two days to send an email with the download link to ebook. So my reading of intentions remains the same until WS proves me wrong.
    No reply from WS who can use my email address below which is the same as my registered one with WS by tomorrow will be getting in touch with PayPal to get my money back.

By the way. Thanks deadeye for your attempts at helping me you are the only one who has tried.

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your problem. Sometimes mail gets blocked by spam filters, you should check your spam folder - the email is automated and it is sent out immediately. Typically it should be received within 20 minutes of payment.

That said, I've contacted the appropriate people on your behalf just now. You should be receiving an email from them to ensure you get what you want. I gave them the email address you have listed on your forum account, which ends with @aol.com, so look for their email in that inbox.

The contact page deadeye81 was trying to direct you to goes to the same newsletter people, this one does also:
    http://windowssecrets.com/contact/

If you had used that page initially, I'd hope you would have gotten a faster fix. Ultimately however, we are still working on updating the site and that should help once completed. It would be ideal if we only had one contact form, and it directed anyone's issue to the right person. Our forum staff (like Deadeye81) gets a lot of questions that the newsletter people have to address, and we aren't able to do anything about it ourselves.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement