Thanks

you will not receive any more notifications

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    Windows Secrets Lounge
    ----------------
    Is this for the WS area only or the whole lounge?

In any case, I don't like it. The post contents is already included in the email I receive. Why do I have to go open/visit the forum again to ensure I get further posts emailed to me?

Is there an option to turn this option off? If not, there should be.

Thanks
    I think that is per thread. For each thread to which you've subscribed, you are notified of the first new reply in the thread since your last visit. You don't get a notification for every single reply in the thread. Not sure whether the board software has the other option.

Thanks
    I looked at the settings and I don't see any option for for this. It would be nice to have the choice.

Thanks
    Thanks for posting the feedback. jscher is correct, I believe it is specific to the thread you were notified about, not for any thread you are subscribed to.

This is how the vBulletin software was coded. It does not include an option to continue receiving notifications forever. Changing functionality like this would require considerable changes to core vBulletin files, so it would need to be suggested to the people at vbulletin.com and they would need to make the change. We license their forum software for our own use, and only perform limited custom modifications on it. This ensures that we can continue using the updates to the software they provide - if we change too much, their updates may break our forum.

That said, there is good reason to not continue sending notices indefinitely. Eventually, people no longer want to receive those notifications. If the forum software keeps notifying you, you might report it as spam rather than
    Last edited by I.M.O.G.; 2011-09-19 at 15:47.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

Thanks
    I forgot to mention - personally I don't subscribe by email. In my forum profile, I have it configured to subscribe "Through control panel only". This way I never get emails, but I am subscribed to any thread I post in. Whenever I have time to do some reading I catch up on things by going here:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sub...php?folderid=0

That link will show every thread you are subscribed to, by the order that they were last posted in. I just check that daily, or when I have time, and it cuts down on the amount of email I have to sort through.

You can also find all updated threads that you are subscribed to at this link, and this is usually where I start browsing the forum every day. This only shows updated threads you are subscribed to, not every thread you are subscribed to:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/usercp.php

On the left side of that page, there's the link to view your subscribed threads. There is also the link to change your default subscription method:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/pro...do=editoptions
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement