1. 4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010 Keyboard shortcuts for printing

When I need to print the current page, I have always liked to use ctrl-P then alt-E. While ctrl-P works still, alt-E does not. Is there another shortcut I should be using for that function in Word 2010?

Also, in previous versions, opening the Print dialog automatically had the number of copies selected so I could just enter the desired number. This does not happen in Word 2010. Any way to make that happen?

Thanks

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. Silver Lounger Charles Kenyon's Avatar
    Thanks
    To get to the number of copies:
    Ctrl-P, Alt, P, N

To print only the current page:
    Ctrl-P, Alt, P, A, Enter, Alt, P, P

In the above examples, the Alt key is not pressed in combination with others but in sequence.

You can record a macro to do this and assign a keyboard shortcut to the macro.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Yes, they did make it harder for power users.
    Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 2011-09-21 at 11:09. Reason: added commas between keystrokes
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charles Kenyon For This Useful Post:

Richelle (2013-05-13), Vincenzo (2011-09-25)

5. 4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK thanks for the help. I'll look into using macros.

Thanks
    The macro doesn't need to be complicated:

Code:
    Sub OldPrintDialog()
    Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show
    End Sub
    If you habitually use Ctrl+p to print, you can assign the macro to that key combination. You can always call up the new menu/dialog/preview pane using Alt+f p (it's awkward to write, but I think you know what I mean).