Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I like the Metro. I'm in XP Pro still, will skip Vista and Seven for Eight. I do a third of my computing on an android now, plan to get a second line for a Windows phone. I will build my last desktop for Eight, have more ram, 8 gigs, and storage, two one terabyte hard drives, and connect to and drive my desktop, as I do now, remotely when not home. Eight is my future, I will be more mobile for the remaining decades of life.
    saint satin stain
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing. Ė Emo Philips

Thanks
    I can't help but, say a couple things following the entry of the person from Huntsville.

1. It shows the not every human has a problem w/ change.
    2. It supports the fact that, ever-increasingly, everybody & their dog has some kind of fancy phone or mobile computing device. It supports the fact that, an ever-increasing chunk of the workforce is becoming (more & more) mobile...the mobile workforce is growing & that growth will increase. Now, w/ Windows8, Windows supports society's mobility & rising demand for mobile devices.
    3. That there are attributes & virtues that make 8 great that don't always get missed or overshadowed by 'Metro' hype, surprise or misunderstandings. The technical abilities, approaches, improvements & enhancements and performance benefits make Windows8 special & valuable and far outweigh anything about 'Metro' tiles.
    4. That 8 is, indeed, a window into the future of modern computing.
    5. That Windows8 will be a fine place for ex-XP Users, as they may now feel they can finally let their OLD pal of an OS go into IT history.

Was just going write, somehow ended up w/ bullets... oh, well...

Cheers,
    Drew

Thanks
    IF you keep the following on the Desktop (Screen, Quick Launch or Taskbar), you will not need to go to Start. Why bounce about, if no need?

Cheers,
    Drew

Screenshot6.JPG

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Drew
    A lot of us can use the Metro but still don't like it. Change is fine when it actually accomplishes something useful. It becomes annoying when frequently used items are suddenly moved and renamed just for a new look. It isn't just in Windows it's software in general. All of a sudden last year IE and Firefox moved the bookmarks from left to right with no way to move it back. On Windows 8 Firefox the tabs are right of center but in Windows 7 they are at left corner. It becomes annoying working between different systems having to look for items that were fixed for years.
    Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123