Thread: Cap Lock key

New Lounger
    Thanks

Cap Lock key

Does anyone know of any memory resident program that will show on the desktop when the cap lock is on or not?

My husband has a new computer and the keyboard does not have a light that shows if the cap lock key is on or not. He is a one finger typer and he gets so upset when he looks back at his document and sees a line of all caps and has to backtrack and re-type. When he is on his computer and starts cussing, I know the cap lock key got him again. I'm tired of hearing him cuss at his computer and it takes his mind off what he is writing. He is actually talking about junking his computer and buying another. I know you are thinking why not just buy another keyboard, huh! His computer is a laptop with a wireless keyboard and mouse and has a lot of features he likes.

I just had a great idea! A program that would speak when the cap lock key or num lock key is pressed. If it talked, then if a person accidentally tapped the cap lock key it would immediately tell you without having to look at the screen. Okay, you guru's out there, write me a little program to take care of this problem.
    Patrisha

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Patrisha,

Welcome to the lounge as a poster.

Here's one that might work.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrisha42 View Post
    I just had a great idea! A program that would speak when the cap lock key or num lock key is pressed. If it talked, then if a person accidentally tapped the cap lock key it would immediately tell you without having to look at the screen. Okay, you guru's out there, write me a little program to take care of this problem.
    Patrisha
    Hi Patrisha,
    I use 2 fingers but can relate to your husband's pain! You can have Vista or Win 7 give you a notification sound when caps lock or num lock are activated. Go to Control Panel >> Ease of access center >> Make keyboard easier to use >> Turn on toggle keys. Tick the box next to Turn on toggle keys and you should then get a notification "beep" when the caps and/ or num lock are activated.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit

4. The Following User Says Thank You to johjue For This Useful Post:

jwitalka (2011-09-22)