Lounger
    Thanks

LinkedIn security/privacy concern: Finally had to wipe out my profile

After three verified instances in which colleagues of mine found that LinkedIn had sent invitations to everyone in their address books without their knowledge, I decided to strip my LinkedIn profile of all information and also change my LinkedIn email address to a dummy. (As it happens, after maintaining the account for several years, I never realized any benefits anyway. The only reason I left the account active instead of deleting it was so that no one could create a new account with my name. )

Wondering if anyone else has had this or a similar experience.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I was a more recent member of LinkedIn brought there by a business connection, but I got so much junk from that site, then they got hacked and I just canceled the account. I don't need to be that linkedIn to anything. :^)