New Lounger
    Thanks

Limits on number of addresses and attachment size

Some years ago I copied a contacts pst file from an office server based pc to my home stand alone pc. In the office there was restriction on the number of addressees in the "To" field and a max file attachment size of 4Mb and these limitations have some how followed me to my home Pc. Is there anyway of getting rid of them? I have since installed re installed Outlook 2007 but it makes no difference.
    Any suggestions gratefully received

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    At home, the number of recipients is usually controlled by your ISP as is the maximum file attachment size.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe
    Thanks for that - the other problem I have is that the contacts property box that should allow me to enable it "to show folder as Outlook address book is greyed out. In the email account settings it shows an Outlook Address Book type MAPI but I cant remove it (grayed out) or add a new one. This means that I cant use the auto complete feature when I start typing an address into the "To" box unless I have already sent an email to a particular address. ie if I add a new address to contacts it wont auto complete until I have typed the full address in and sent the email.
    I am with one of the larger ISPs in the UK - O2 - and the addressee limit seems to be around 40 which doesn't seem very many but I will check with them. I have friends using the same ISP who seem to be able to send out pretty much unlimited file sizes.

Administrator
    Thanks
    MAPI is for use with Microsoft Exchange. Are you connecting to a server @ work?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe
    That's the point I am not attached to a server but the pst I copied off the office machine was!

Administrator
    Thanks
    The PST contains information that links it to a specific account.

You should setup your home account in Outlook not using the old pst. Then use File | Open an Outlook data file to open the old pst file. You can then drag and drop whatever information you need from the old pst to your home account.

Joe