Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Google + now open to everyone

PC World has an article about Google + now being open to all. If you did not get an invite previously, here is your chance.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the tip - anyone using this yet?

-----/
    Florida Attorney
    Florida Lawyer

Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge. I am marginally into Facebook, carefully. As can be seen by the other posts here, these social networks can be the biggest hazzard to your security and peace of mind. I have not actually tried Google+ yet. I thought I would let others "play" with it first (My latest "plaything" is Win 8 DP) As with any social network, including forums be careful what you post. This is my best advice I can give anyone. Watch what you post!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Haha - will do!

Thanks.

Thanks
    So much for Google + "Google + traffic drops 60%"
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Perhaps just a Flash in the Pan???? Like I said, the little I use social networking for, Facebook suffices. I have no incentive to switch.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    G+ traffic had a big bump upon opening to the public and has now settled. That's hardly criteria for labeling it a flash in the pan. G+ has still grown at a significantly quicker pace than Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks
    I did not say Google+ is a flash in the pan. Notice the ??? after the statement. I just read an article on ZDNet that you might find interesting about a Google Engineer "bad mouthing" Google+ among other things with Google. Everyone has to decide for themselves whether they use FB or Google+, both or neither. Who knows, perhaps the world can exist with both.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    [Heavy Sarcasm]
    Facebook, Youtube, and/or any other idiotic social website;
    You'll probably have the best chances of finding any particular person your thinking about nude or otherwise acting a fool for all the world to see.
    If not that, then certainly your boss can get a real evaluation of him or herself from you??

But I'll have to admit, you can probably find just about any video out there showing very decent "how to" videos on a wide range of tech subjects.
    Undeniably a very usefull source of helpful information...The better part of human nature.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    So much for Google + "Google + traffic drops 60%"
    Google seems to me to be pushing me away. I use Gmail and Reader.

With Gmail, they have chosen to hide under dropdowns the signout link and the links that allowed users to choose to select all, unread, starred, read message or some other choices. They also moved things on the left hand side where they moved Contacts and Tasks above the list of labels without regard to users like me who make frequent use of those labels--both the stock and my own custom made labels--and very infrequent use of Contacts and Tasks.

And, do not get me started on the possibility of having to deal with the new appearance if they force users to use what is under the "Preview" and "Preview (Dense)" theme labels and seem to resemble the new sign in page. (I have yet to see any assurance from Google that we can keep using the themes we currently use.)

Google has added a floating button bar that--get this--covers what I may be trying to read when I scroll down a page at a time!! And, can a user disable the floating button bar if they do not want it interfering with their use of Gmail? Of course not, because, I guess, Google knows better than the user....

Also in the top of the page bar in Gmail, they have inserted "You+" while pushing "Reader" under "More". Forcryingoutloud, Google!?!? Why can't you offer users the choice of what to appear in the top of the page bar instead of having ones that we don't ever use?

But, the latest is that when you sign out, you are not returned to the sign in page like before. Instead, you have a page with a Flash ad for--when I last checked--Google+ and having to click either on the Sign In button or a bookmark to get back to the sign in page!

Of course, all of this flies in the face of Google's very own design philosophy of keeping things simple and straightforward. Evidently, Google does not understand that keeping things simple and straightforward does not equate to making users take more steps to do what used to take fewer steps. Signing out takes two clicks plus up and down movements of the mouse. Similarly, the same thing is required to open Reader as well as having to load another page to be able to sign in.

Because of all of this, I have removed Chrome from my computers and I refuse to click on any Google-served ad. I am seriously looking for an acceptable alternative to Gmail. And, of course, there is no way I will consider Google+.
    Last edited by WildcatRay; 2011-10-15 at 09:27.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Of course Google will let anyone in. They need as many users as possible to provide more data to sell to marketers. The initial "invite only" nonsense was only to drum up interest, and provoke a "Let me into the club" attitude.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Not quite everyone

I have 2 gmail accounts. One is xx@gmail.com and the other is for a domain I own and hosted by Gmail. The second is not allowed to register for a G+ account. They say they are working on the problem, whatever that means.

Thanks
    How ironic. I just saw this post on The Blaze:

Google Engineer Calls Google+ a ‘Complete Failure’

Interesting read.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatRay View Post
    How ironic. I just saw this post on The Blaze:

Google Engineer Calls Google+ a ‘Complete Failure’

Interesting read.
    Read a more complete report in post #8 above.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Google + is really one of most authentic and interesting social networking site. As the extreme and exceptional features of this social networking sites are incredible. I really love this one. It's really one of of unique source to promote our profile and business strategies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast