Thanks

How to get rid of the Facebook ticker

ZDNet shows how to get rid of the Facebook ticker.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    If you are not a Google Chrome user, you may be able to find a similar solution for Firefox using a Greasemonkey userscript. I can't recommend any in particular, but here's one that was posted recently: FB Ticker Restricter for Greasemonkey. Note that in order to install a Greasemonkey userscript, you need the Greasemonkey extension: Greasemonkey :: Add-ons for Firefox.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the tip !!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Social Fixer

Another option is a Facebook customization script I run called "Social Fixer". It used to be called "Better Facebook", until Facebook objected to the use of Facebook in the app's name. It's a well-regarded, regularly updated script that has versions for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, and Greasemonkey, but not IE. http://socialfixer.com

It has been reviewed by several online publications, including Kim Komando's newsletter, so it's a safe script to run.

It has a number of options regarding the layout of Facebook, as well as adding useful features. It can even customize the look of Timeline. Of course, it won't remove Timeline, as no app can actually remove Timeline.
    -=> Carroll McAllister <=-

Coming to you "almost live" from Searcy, Arkansas

New Lounger
    Thanks
    In regards to Facebook, How do I delete something no longer wanted on Facebook?

Lounger
    Thanks

greasemonkey script didn't work

I am on an Asus laptop with Win7 Pro 64bit. On this computer the FB ticker shows in a small section at top of chat window showing which of my friends are online . This has a hide function that slides the whole window out of sight, including my list of friends. The greasemonkey script does NOT make this ticker disappear, even with refresh or restart of Firefox.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tripper View Post
    In regards to Facebook, How do I delete something no longer wanted on Facebook?
    It depends what you want deleted. Usually, there is a X at the right top of the item. You may be able to right click and set privacy settings to ONLY YOU.. that way it'll disappear for everyone but you, but you can figure out how or IF you can delete it.

You can delete messages by opening the message then right click on it and choosing delete. You have to open the message to see the whole conversation.

Any thing else, just click on HELP under the main menu up there by your name, and Home and settings. Do a search at the help site.. 'delete _____'.
    FB doesn't want you to delete everything, so you have to research how to do things.

Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop (it's a lug)
    Intel i7 930 2.8GHz
    8GB RAM / 1T HD
    ATI Radeon HD Display Card
    Onboard sound
    Windows 7 Home Prem. 64bit

Dell Dim. 4500/Windows XP SP3