Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Insufficient Resources

Every time I run a macro and then try to open up a new workbook, it comes up with a message insufficient resources

I have 4GIG of RAM and am using Windows 7 and Office 2010. I have increased my virtual memmory Min 8000MB Max 12000MB (using Custom) and have disabled all my ADD-ins, but the problem still persists

It would be apreciated if anyone could assist me in resolving this problem

Thanks
    Any macro, or a specific one?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Rory

Thanks for the reply

After I run any macro and I open open a new workbook or an Excel attachment from Outlook, a message comes up "insufficient resources"

Regards

Howard

Thanks
    I've never seen that before. What does Task Manager show as Excel's memory use and free resources? Have you tried running the Office Diagnostics?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Rory

My IT Dept are going to set up another PC with Windows 7 and link at to my programs to see whether it is a harware problem or not. Will keep you posted. I have only had this problem since getting a new PC several months ago

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Insuficient Resources

Quote Originally Posted by rory View Post
    I've never seen that before. What does Task Manager show as Excel's memory use and free resources? Have you tried running the Office Diagnostics?
    Hi Rory

Just to let you know that we set up a new PC at the office to run my programs and the message "insufficient resources" does not come up on the new PC, so it was therefore a hardware problem

Enjoy the weekend

Regards

Howard

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As your computer is a work computer, this may not apply, but is iTunes running? At home I have 64 bit Windows 7, tons of RAM and Office 2010. If iTunes is running, Excel will eventually have memory problems.

Hope this helps.

Bryan

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Insufficient Resources

Hi Bryan

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't use itunes at the office at all. My IT dept have set up a new PC with all my program and I'm having absolutely no problems at all with Office 2010. I suspect that it is some hardware problem that is causing the problem as I have the same amount of RAM, but it could wel be the processor. We will never really know

I have an isssue, however, with downloading FTP files using an Excel Macro to FTP the file. I suspect that it is a Windows setting as the same Macro runs perfectly on my old PC, which also has windows 7 & Office 2010. I have posted by query under the Spreadsheet section

Regards

Howard