Thanks

Outlook 2010's naming convention for IMAP change?

Has Outlook changed their naming convention for IMAP accounts? Now if I set up an IMAP account -- like GMail -- the PST Outlook creates is "GMail - Outlook 2010.pst."

I kinda know that it's Outlook 2010! It's enough to have to go through gyrations to name the PST to start with, but it seems impossible now to ditch the "- Outlook 2010" that is so rudely added.

Is it something I should do differently to avoid this naming convention change -- besides just not worrying about it?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow

-------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    I found the culprit: SP-1. I went back to pre-SP-1 Office, and Outlook behaved itself. So I'll back it up and then install SP-1. Probably since the accounts are already set up they will be left alone.

Who ever thought that idea was a good one should have not.

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks

Resolved it seems - SP-01 SlipStream convention

OK, I just started Outlook all over -- reinstall from the start.

Before I had used a slipstreamed Office 2010 install DVD. This time I used the "native" DVD.

Then I set up my e-mail addresses - POP and IMAP.

No name changes at all everything worked as expected. An account named HomeBox got a PST named HomeBox in both POP and IMAP.

What that leaves me with is the conclusion that something in using a slipstreamed install DVD (SP-1 merged) changes the program somehow. Don't know how -- or why -- but it happens. So using a slipstreamed DVD isn't -- to me -- worth the bother. I'd rather have the freedom of naming my PST's as I'd like an then just installing SP-1.

That's all the news for today...

Chuck Billow