Lounger
    Thanks

Sub-Report Total added to Report Sub Total Error

I have a report that I am trying to add the Sub-Report Total to, but some of the sub-reports are blank since there is no OT for the specific location. The report is by locations and with the Subreport "OT by Employee per Week" at the end. How do I not include the sub-report in the subtotal if sub report is empty?

The expression I am using is: =Sum([Total])+[Report]![Total Hrs Per Week - OTCalculations (Hrs Worked)1]![Sum of TotalOT]

Sum([Total]) is the Main Report Total
    [Report]![Total Hrs Per Week - OTCalculations (Hrs Worked)1]![Sum of TotalOT] is the sub-report total

I have tried an IIf statement which still gave me a "#Error" message

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can use the HasData function to test whether the subreport has any data.

=IIf(subreport.Report.HasData, use your current expression, use an expression that does not include the subreport )

=IIf(subreport.Report.HasData, Sum([Total])+[Report]![Total Hrs Per Week - OTCalculations (Hrs Worked)1]![Sum of TotalOT], Sum([Total]))
    Regards
    John

Lounger
    Thanks
    John,

Thank you again for you help, you are always a life saver when it comes to Access. I only have one other question to finalize this report.

When I try to add the two expressions below, I am back to getting a #Error message in my Total Box. I am sure this is probably a quick fix for you, but I am killing myself trying to figure this out.

Sub Total (Name of field is: [Sum Of total])
    =IIf([Total Hrs Per Week - OTCalculations (Hrs Worked)1].[Report].[HasData],Sum([Total])+[Report]![Total Hrs Per Week - OTCalculations (Hrs Worked)1]![Sum of TotalOT],Sum([Total]))

Tax @ 6.5% (Name of Field is: [Tax])
    =IIf([Total Hrs Per Week - OTCalculations (Hrs Worked)1].[Report].[HasData],Sum([Total])+[Report]![Total Hrs Per Week - OTCalculations (Hrs Worked)1]![Sum of TotalOT],Sum([Total]))*.065

Total (Name of Field is: [Total2])
    =IIf([Total Hrs Per Week - OTCalculations (Hrs Worked)1].[Report].[HasData],Sum([Total])+[Report]![Total Hrs Per Week - OTCalculations (Hrs Worked)1]![Sum of TotalOT],Sum([Total]))+IIf([Total Hrs Per Week - OTCalculations (Hrs Worked)1].[Report].[HasData],Sum([Total])+[Report]![Total Hrs Per Week - OTCalculations (Hrs Worked)1]![Sum of TotalOT],Sum([Total]))*.065

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    So are you saying that the first two expressions work, but that the third, which is just the sum of the first two, does not?

I would just sum them directly
    =[sum of total] + [tax]
    Last edited by johnhutchison; 2011-09-29 at 18:25.
    Regards
    John

Lounger
    Thanks
    That gives the #Error message back on all 3 text boxes because you can't add two text boxes in a report

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brandy9271 View Post
    That gives the #Error message back on all 3 text boxes because you can't add two text boxes in a report
    Yes you can. I do it all the time.
    But you need to be sure that the name of the text boxes are not the same as the names of any of the fields.
    Regards
    John