New Lounger
    Thanks

Blocking Spams from Myself

In the last few days, I have been receiving a glut of spam messages on my work e-mail address in Outlook 2007. These messages show my name as the sender and appearing to come from my e-mail address.

Since I don't normally send e-mail messages to myself, I would like to set Outlook up to send messages from my address to the Junk folder. I tried adding the sender on one of these "self-spams" to the Blocked Senders List, but I get a message saying "The e-mail address for this sender is internal to your organization and cannot be added to this list."

I then tried setting up a rule: after the message arrives from my address, move it to the Junk E-Mail folder. Any of these spams that came to me since I set up the rule have still gone to the Inbox instead of Junk E-mail. I even tried running the rule manually for existing messages in my inbox, but nothing happened. Even when I modified the rule to flag messages with my address "in the sender's address," but it still doesn't work.

Is it possible to block myself?

Thanks
    Try creating a rule with the following condition (I mean a regular rule; I don't know how junk filter rules work):

"with specific words in the message header"

For the specific words (substitute your own SMTP address):

The idea is that only messages received from the internet have message headers, so this should have no effect on mail originated in the Exchange server.

Any luck?
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-09-27 at 16:15.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscher2000 For This Useful Post:

Pizzor2000 (2011-09-27)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Looks good! I just changed the rule like this and then ran it manually. It did move the spams that were in my inbox to the junk. Now, let's just see what will happen when new ones come in (unfortunately, I probably won't have to wait very long).

Thanks for the tip, jscher.