Thread: D7 Tweak Tool

Thanks

Thumbs up D7 Tweak Tool

This quote from,How to Geek;NOTE: D7 is intended for use by experienced PC technicians only, not for “end users.” It can be dangerous if not used very carefully. We recommend you also make a backup of all your data before using D7. You can use the DataGrab tool in D7 to make a backup.
    Here is the link for the full article;http://www.howtogeek.com/75121/how-t...ampaign=270911
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    This is definitely a tool for technicians.

The product site is D7 - Foolish.IT.

NOTE: on the product page it says "Although it won't say so in the titlebar of the application, D7 should be considered a BETA product, until further notice. Some features of D7 are not fully tested on all platforms".

Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Further, there is limited support for 64-bit OSes. From the description at MajorGeeks - D7: "Also, D7 is not 100% compatible with a 64 bit operating system due to registry virtualization and the file system redirector, however D7 will function on a 64 bit operating system either in offline or live mode without much issue. Full 64 bit compatibility is planned but pretty far off. Personally, I use the tool on 64 bit systems without thinking twice about it, but as always, your mileage may vary."

Also from that page: "THIS TOOL IS INTENDED FOR EXPERIENCED PC TECHNICIANS ONLY, NOT FOR "END USERS." This tool can be very dangerous and destructive in the wrong hands, or even in the right ones. I have personally even hosed my own development machine by accidentally clicking the wrong button. Sometimes I don't fully *test* D7 prior to use. So you are forewarned! If you are concerned about your data or the well being of your computer, then please make a backup of everything important prior to using D7. "

Joe

Thanks
    "Russian Roulette" with your OS! Sounds like an adventure, think I'll try it.
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(