3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Looking for a sound card

My PC is Windows 7 64 bit. I am looking for a sound card to replace my onboard sound. My issue with the onboard sound is that I have 2 pairs of speakers and I want them to run in stereo mode with only 2 channels. I have tried 2.1 mode and only 1 pair of speakers is available. The other modes I have tried are 5.1, 7.1 and quadrophonic. I can get all 4 speakers to work, but I sometimes get different things coming out of all 4 of them and I want to have only 2 channels. I have looked at the following card Creative Labs SB0570L4 Sound Blaster Audigy SE Sound Card

which is supposed to work with Windows 7, but cannot tell if I will get the desired results from it.

I have available an open PCI and a PCI-E x 1 slot. Anyone have experience with this card or know of another card that will give me the results I am looking for. My old sound card, a Monster sound MX 300 used to be able to do this in Windows 98, but I do not think I will be able to find drivers for it in Windows 7. The 2 sets of speakers sounded great with this setup.

Thanks

Thanks
    I found these drivers for your favorite sound card here;http://www.driverfiles.net/Sound-Car...100,29,7,.html
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, however that is a download for Driver Detective ($29.95) and not the Aureal drivers. Doesn't anyone have Windows 7 with multiple speakers and a separate sound card where you could temporarily put the speakers into 2.1 mode and see if more than 1 pair of speakers show up?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I use the sound card to drive my stereo amp and speakers. Half decent sound and plenty of volume assured.

cheers, Paul

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Chuck

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I suppose it is worth a try. I am afraid that I will have to increase the volume quite a bit and the speakers may not balance to well like I could get them with individual controls with the sound card program.