Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation Email some specific report pages to separate people

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and I have this same issue.
    Please has this issue been solved: sending different parts of a report to different email addresses?
    e.g. Is it possible to send only part of a report relating to Mr A to his email address and only part of the report relating to Mr B to his email address etc?

New Lounger
    Thanks

How can I get the code from you for emailing report pages to sparate people?

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Mike,

I did this recently for our homeowners association, with a little help from the experts right here. I had Access write the filtered report pages to a PDF file using PDFCreator (free), then created the email via VBA code {office automation as mentioned eariler}, and topped it off with an outlook macro to send all the files in the Drafts folder (this allows you to double check before sending if you choose, or add comments to a specific client's email). If you want I'll be glad to post the code.
    I'm volunteer at a church, running Access for Auction and other activities for billing of purchases/enrollments, and I'd really like to email the invoices. I currently have a report with all the invoices (grouped on buyers, which also contain 2 sub reports). I reviewed the FMS tool, but that's some real $$, and then I saw you remarks about how easy it was.

I've got a VB script sending a test email from Access 2013, but sure would like to find another script for leverage and reference.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you have some code I could review and possibly leverage? Could you recommend some examples or tutorials?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Because this is such a complex subject, with many alternatives, a few questions are in order:
    1) Are you proficient in VBA?
    2) Do you understand the Access object model?
    3) Do you have any experience with Automation?
    If your answer to any of these is no, then you face a daunting learning experience, and you might want to consider hiring a consultant.

That said, there are a couple of basic approaches. One is to use a Word document for your invoice and use a mail-merge to email using Automation. The other is to create a report that can have a filter applied so that each invoice can be generated as a separate PDF file, and then use Automation of Outlook to do the actual emailing. If you want to explore the mail-merge approach, the tutorial Mail Merges With Access. An overview of the Automation approach is available at Automation 101.
    Wendell

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123