Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: IE Bing deletion
2011-10-02, 15:14 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Evanston, Illinois, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IE Bing deletion
Can anyone list a step by step process to thoroughly eliminate Bing from residing and appearing on my vista based computer ??
Thanks very much ... Theodore
2011-10-02, 18:26 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Thanked 936 Times in 856 Posts
You do not specifically say so I will assume Bing Toolbar and Bing search engine. There should be a Bing Toolbar listed in your Control Panel, Programs and Features. if so just highlight it and choose Uninstall. Since Bing is a search engine you might also see Bing as the search engine when you try a web search. Look at Internet Options, General tab, Search section, Settings. You can add or delete search engines here.
2011-10-03, 16:30 #3
Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten
- In IE 8, there is Tools or manage addons.
- Click on search providers than Click on Bing
- Click remove. Or, if you want to keep it but not as default, click on the search provider you want to be default, click set as default.
- Now, your Internet Explorer 8 are free from BING