Lounger
    Thanks

Question cannot uninstall W7 Sp1

I am trying to reinstall W7 per Fred's recent article. However, when I go to the updates page, and click on the "Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB 976932), the uninstall option disappears. I have looked elsewhere for an answer. One included using the command prompt, and typing in a string. That only resulted in a message that SP1 could not be uninstalled. Am i at a dead end, here? Help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sherm

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Download an official Windows 7 with SP1 ISO, burn it to disk and use it for the repair install. You can get it here:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/offici...digital-river/

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shermank View Post
    I am trying to reinstall W7, However, when I go to the updates page, and click on the "Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB 976932), the uninstall option disappears. and typing in a string. That only resulted in a message that SP1 could not be uninstalled.

Sherm
    Sherm,
    Hello ....You have me confused (as usual ) You say that your re-installing "7".. The updates page, shows what updates are available... Unless your talking about the Installed Updates Page ...If your on Windows Update ...you can't un-install whats not installed.. Sorry.... Help Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Lounger
    Thanks

thanks...

thanks for the lead to the iso....I have yet to run it, however because of a new problem. Doing some checks for my original problem which led me to believe I should do a reinstall of W7 using the Langa method, I discovered that i may actually have a memory hardware issue. So, I ran the W7 memory diagnostic tool....but, it continues to loop...even when i shut off power, and try to reboot into Windows.

So, now I am thinking that i will pull out my memory sticks, blow the sockets clean and reinstall them to see if that helps. If that does not help, I may simply buy new sticks....I am also thinking that before that I will recheck bios settings...

anyway, it's a mess...and i really should listen to my wife who continues to tell me that tweaking leads only to trouble....:-)

Sherm